Sunday, June 15, 2014

Back on the Wagon and (Another) Bag Swap

Just a quick update to say I haven't forgotten about you even though I haven't posted in nearly a month. I did have projects planned for weeks 3 and 4 of PS. And then I did yard work and inadvertently found out we had poison ivy somewhere in the yard. With my face and neck. Needless to say, I haven't felt much like sewing , and all I got done was the bag I made for the latest swoon swap. Even if I did make my outfits, I'm not sure I want to publicly post pictures of myself covered in red patches. Ugh. Instead I've been waging war in my lawn and being exhausted from antihistamines. So I apologize for the lack of posts and projects for the last couple of weeks, and now that the itchy rashiness is mostly cleared up I can hopefully catch up! I did finally get pictures of the kids' outfits from the last week of prnp last month, and I'll get that post up as soon as I edit them.

For today, how about that swap bag?

This round of Swoon Patterns swap was the India Hobo. It's a semi-slouchy (depending on your interfacing), reversible bag with a slip pocket and zippered pocket on both "inside" and "outside". I made my zip and slip pockets layered, but you could put them on opposite sides of the bag if that was your preference. The blue is a rose floral tonal in shades of dusty blue that has been kicking around my stash for close to 10 years. The medallions are quilting calico from JoAnn Fabrics. My swap partner requested a more neutral bag, so I wanted to choose patterns that would go with almost anything. I guess I did okay, because she tells me she loves it! Very gratifying, because I would feel just terrible for choosing badly if she didn't like it.

Showing both sides, since it's reversible. Yay for versatility!
 
Yup, that's my tag :)
 I'm still waiting for my bag to get here, so I can't share pictures of it yet. A couple of these are on my projects list to make for myself, though. I've never been much of a multi-bag kind of girl, but this one may convince me that I need handbag options. Fingers are also crossed because I may have someone who wants to actually pay me to make one for her daughter (in a Doctor Who/Sherlock theme, no less). Do what I like to do and get paid - what's not to love?

No comments:

Post a Comment