Friday, March 20, 2015

Happy Spring Equinox!

Happy Equinox! We had a taste of spring this week, and it inspired some warmer weather sewing. Plus, I joined a gym! So I need some workout clothes to wear. There will likely be a few workout/loungewear patterns up here in the next month or so (I hope). I had to wait until Patrick was home to get halfway decent pictures of myself, and then it snowed, so they are not so awesome sewing space pictures. I refuse to go sleeveless in the snow!


I started my first SUAT Spoxxy Top last week, using fabric that has been sitting in my stash for an embarrassingly long time. The main fabric is a cotton jersey I got from Nature's Fabrics awhile back, and the bindings are interlock from JoAnn's. I made an XL by my bust measurement, but it turned out rather big. I took it in about an inch in the shoulder before doing the bindings, so it's wearable, as a tunic like top, but I think I'll size down for the next one. I had hoped to make this a workout tank, but it's really too loose for that.




I used the scraps from my top to whip up a quick skirt for Ellie. I cut an a-line shape from the flowers, then was pleased to find that the scrap length from my binding strips was just right for a waistband and hem band. Yay for no hemming! And no extra pieces to cut for the bands, which is a pleasant coincidence. It made this come together so fast - maybe 10 minutes. This skirt should fit at least through the fall, and the knit lets it stretch and move with her. Love a quick project, and the "finished in no time" patternless skirts seem to end up her favorites. Go figure!




This skirt was really a bit of an afterthought, and she resisted my every effort to style her outfit once it was finished. Oh well, gotta love 3 year old style. Pink and green work together, right? And as a parting thought... Here are some spring flowers to share!


No comments:

Post a Comment