Sunday, January 4, 2015

Happy new year!

Happy new year! I have been out of town visiting family for the holidays, but am now home and ready to settle back into our usual routine. 2014 had ups and downs in productivity, both of crafting and blogging, but I'm relatively satisfied.
While I don't specifically make resolutions, (It's the one resolution I've ever kept!) I do have some goals for this year. Also included are some very honest pictures of what my crafting stuff looks like.

My big goal is to sew mostly from my stash this year. I'm hopeful to keep both my fabric and pattern buying to a minimum.
And that's not even all of it. I might have a problem.
It would probably be helpful to try to organize that stash so I know what I have and where it is, but I've always been terrible at that sort of thing. That should probably be a goal too!

I already have a list of projects to sew, and a few for other mediums. Since my sewing time is sometimes (often) more scarce than I'd like, I will be working on finding ways to get things done. It would be great to find some new things to do that could serve as a creative outlet, but may be easier to fit into my life as it is right now. On the list of possibilities is re-learning to knit (I may have a slight yarn stash, too.), and trying charcoal drawing.
My mom makes pretty quilts - much more impressive than the bag of yarn guarded by Batman.
As far as blogging goals, I am going to try to post more regularly, and more frequently. I'm thinking once a week is a reasonable aim, even if I don't always have a finished project to share. This will be a real challenge for me, so please bear with me as I try to find a way to stay organized and work out a posting schedule!

No comments:

Post a Comment