Thursday, April 21, 2016

Momma Quail Billie Jeans

As promised, I recently was lucky enough to test the next jeans pattern from Momma Quail Patterns - the Billie Jeans! These have all of the same amazing details and easy to follow instructions that every one of Amy's patterns has. The Billie Jeans have classic five pocket jeans styling in a slim and skinny fit, meant for stretch bottomweights, and seven(!) length options - short, mid thigh, knee length, below the knee, capri, ankle, and cuffed. They have a working fly, back elastic for an adjustable fit, and a tutorial on how to modify the rise. With a size range of 12m - 14, this is an amazing pattern that will last a long time, and is great for both boys and girls.

I tested the skinny fit, and did two lengths. These are the first pair I made, in a stretch fashion denim from JoAnn's. This is the mid thigh shorts length. They were perfect for riding the old fashioned merry go round at a nearby park.





The second pair is also the skinny fit, knee length this time. These are a stretch denim from my stash, and the top stitching came out much more visible on these due to the contrast. I think for the next pair I'll make sure I do two lines of top stitching, unless I use a twill.  I love how these came out, and she loves the contrast coin pocket with the kitty peeking out.






Now it's time to run over and pick up your copy! Plus, in celebration of spring, for this release Amy is offering the code HAPPYSPRING for 25% off of the whole shop until 4/24.


Don't forget to check out the other tester versions, too.

KopyKat & Kidz

No comments:

Post a Comment