Friday, December 2, 2016

Dressember

Have you ever heard of Dressember? Until yesterday, neither had I. The Dressember Foundation was created to raise funds to end human trafficking. All money raised goes to International Justice Mission and the A21 Campaign. There are millions of victims across the globe who have been trafficked into slavery. Every one of them deserves freedom and justice.

I may have missed the first day, but as of December 2, 2016, I'll be participating by wearing a dress every day for the month of December. If you'd like to donate, you can find my fundraising page here. For daily updates, follow me over on Instagram.

How is this sewing related? It isn't really, except that I found I only own a handful of dresses. There are a couple of new ones on my to-make list, and while they encourage wearing the same few dresses for Dressember, I'd like to have a couple more to stretch my laundry days! Plus, I may need to make a few new layering pieces to wear with said few dresses. There, now it's sewing related!

Today I'm wearing a storebought dress with a Julia Cardigan


So check out Dressember and get involved!

No comments:

Post a Comment