Friday, May 1, 2015

Me Made May '15

This year, I once again signed up for Me Made May, but did not put my pledge here on the blog. So, for the first of May, here it is:
'I, Kate of The Fairy Dust Bin, sign up as a participant of Me-Made-May '15. I endeavour to wear at least one handmade item each day for the duration of May 2015'

That's right, this month I will be trying to wear a handmade item every day. This could absolutely prove to be a challenge, as my handmade wardrobe isn't exactly huge, but the goal was to push myself a little further. I usually wear something I've made a few times every week, and most of my gym clothes are self made at this point. (More about that in another post.) My drawers have a handful of skirts, tops, and a couple of hoodies and cardigans that I've made, so hopefully in pairing them with store bought items I won't have to do too much frantic sewing for myself!

I don't have plans to necessarily take a photo every day, but on any days that I do take them you'll find them over on Instagram. But since I'm blogging today anyway, here are some bad selfies of today's top.

Necklace courtesy of my 3 year old stylist.
Yup, even a bad mirror selfie!
This is a SisBoom Meghan that I made and never blogged last spring as part of Project Sewn. I used a striped shirting from JoAnn's, and cut against the grain to make the stripes horizontal. I believe the challenge was something about being inspired by places, and my sewing was inspired by Venetian Gondolieri. Hence the horizontal stripes. Today I paired it with my store bought skinny jeans. Truthfully, I'm not super happy with how this has worn and washed. The threads of the stripes are pulling, and it looks incredibly worn. But as long as you don't look too closely, it's good enough to wear for hanging around the house and yard with the kids. One day, I will make another Meghan in a knit, but first I have to sew down my list!

No comments:

Post a Comment