Tuesday, February 20, 2018

Red, White, and Pink Tour

Welcome to February's installment of Sewing By Ti Tours!


I couldn't tell you the last time I made, or even bought, something pink for myself. It's really more Ellie's color than mine, and I don't really have much red or white in my wardrobe either! But when my red project didn't come together as planned, I found this pink triblend French terry from SoSewEnglish and just HAD to make something for myself. It is so soft and cozy, I could buy it in every color and live in it.


Made for Mermaids Mama Claire has been on my list of things to make for awhile, and it worked great with the lightweight French terry. I should probably have chosen something else for the neckband since there's no spandex in this fabric to help the stretch recovery, but it works fine as a layering piece. I'll know better next time! I really like the crossover front, and even though it's supposed to be reversible, I don't see myself wearing it the other way.


While this top goes pretty amazingly with jeans, I had the urge to pair it with a white skirt. Problem being, I didn't have a white skirt of any kind, nor do I have a ton of white fabric. Fortunately, I had ordered several yards of white voile for something else which arrived at the very last minute, so I used it to pull this two layer circle skirt together the night before I took my pictures. I have never been so thankful for my rolled hem foot!


I put them together and... it was just too super sweet. I totally adore these pieces, but since the straight up sweet and innocent look just really isn't my style, I paired it with Moto boots and a black camisole for just a little touch of edge.


It was so beautifully warm for picture taking that I didn't even freeze in a skirt without tights! Too bad the spring weather won't stick around, but I'm enjoying the preview!


Thanks for reading! Make sure you check out the rest of this month's red, white, and pink inspiration!


February 1st: Sewing By Ti (intro),  Mahlica Designs

2nd: Sewing With D

3rd: Sewing With Sarah

Sunday, February 4th: Tenille's Thread

5th: My Heart will Sew On

6th: Kathy Kwilts and More

7th: Stitched By Jennie

8th: EYMM

9th: With Love In Every Stitch

10th: The Bear and the Pea Atelier

Sunday, February 11th: Our Play Place

12th: My Sewing Roots

13th: Margarita on the Ross

14th: Very Blissful

15th: Seams Sew Lo

16th: Sew Sew Ilse

17th: Aurora Designs

Sunday, February 18th: Sewing Scientist

19th: Manning the Machine

20th: The Fairy Dust Bin

21st: Hazelnut Handmade

22nd: Kate Will Knit

23rd: Lulu & Celeste

24th: Flaxfield Sewing

Sunday, February 25th: Twinado Alley

26th: Ma Moose

27th: Auschick Sews

28th: Oak Blue Designs

No comments:

Post a Comment